The Daily Pick

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Stephen Elliott: International Man of Mystery



Our friend Stephen Elliott is interviewed for Nina and Rita's Sex Advice column. And you can find more of his writings and events on StephenElliott.com.

RITA: Have you had sex workers or people in the sex industry contact you after reading your books?

STEPHEN: Not too much. A lot of the people who contact me tend to be abused children. That’s the number one group of people who contact me. “I was also abused, I really related to your story and to the books.” They find a connection in that. That would the main group. Then, the people who read Happy Baby: a lot of people write who are submissive. Never has a dominant written to me after reading Happy Baby. It’s always submissive, which is really unfortunate because I kind of thought that after Happy Baby all these dominant women would contact me and say, “I want to tie you up and hurt you,” and instead it’s people saying, “I also want to be hurt,” and I’m like, “Why are you contacting me? We can’t do anything for each other, you know?” (laughing) Still, it’s nice when people contact you. When people don’t read your books it’s really painful, not because you don’t make any money but because you’ve tried to say something and nobody has heard you or read it. Whenever you get a letter from somebody--it doesn’t matter what their motives are--it affirms to you that someone heard what you’re saying.
posted by Anonymous at 12:31 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment