The Daily Pick

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Uptight about the Moon



Gee whiz, take it easy on Tommy the Tank Engine. Bad Moon Rising points out inconsistencies with the moon from a variety of children's books. And I thought I had too much time on my hands.

1. The cover with its full moon lacks continuity with the story, which has a crescent phase. The moon will not dramatically change phases in the course of one evening. 2. A full moon at midnight in December will appear high in the night sky. 3. A very thin waxing crescent moon suggests the sun has recently set. Such a thin sliver would not be in the December sky at midnight.
posted by The Daily Pick at 5:13 AM

6 Comments:

We had been blogging trying to find how our world sees womens health
. It has been a lifeline for us. Your site provides some of the best examples of this sort and we will bookmark yours. Another one we found was and appears to be related to yours is womens health
site/blog. It pretty much covers womens health
related stuff.
Blogger Tom Naka, at 7:08 PM  
Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my chihuahua dog related site. It pretty much covers chihuahua dog stuff. I guess you may find something of interest.
Blogger Roy Naka, at 11:17 AM  
Nice blog. Check out my cat blog.
Blogger unixlinux, at 6:39 PM  
Great blog - you have just been bookmarked. Will let my visitors to my site know all about it.

I have a ebay acitons misspelled auction search site. It pretty much is a search engine that allows you to search eBay for misspelled auctions and allows you to find some great bargains.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
eBay misspelled auctions
Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:50 AM  
Great Blog! I also have a site about accordion tuning orange county
. You can check it out at accordion tuning orange county


Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder
Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:03 AM  
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a index script php site/blog. It pretty much covers index script php related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Blogger Infactahost.com, at 11:21 PM  

Add a comment